Downtown / Little Italy San Diego City Tour
Our downtown San Diego city tour starts in the historic Gaslamp Quarter, taking you on a leisurely stroll throughout the Downtown/Gaslamp area with Little Italy as the final destination.
During your stroll, your guide will share juicy tidbits and interesting scoops about Downtown San Diego, like the original Red Light District and the gambling halls that used to reside in the present day area. From there you can enjoy a peaceful walk through the William Heath Davis house courtyard and then pass along the front steps of the Horton Grand Hotel.
As you make your way to the final part of the tour within Little Italy, your guide will detail how this small fishing village eventually established San Diego as the “Tuna Capital” of the west coast.
Of course, the food you will be eating is from some of the best restaurants in America’s Finest City. From Chicago-style pizza pies to lab-style craft concoctions, the Downtown/Little Italy tour is one of the most fun things to do in San Diego.
OUR DOWNTOWN WALKING FOOD TOUR IS FOR AGES 16+.
When: Fridays & Saturdays at 12pm
Where: Meeting location in Gaslamp Quarter (exact location provided upon purchase)
What: 4-hour guided walking tour covering a 2-2.5 mile route with 5 or more restaurant stops
Spots: 15 (maximum number of bookings per tour)
The stops on our Downtown/Little Italy tour includes restaurants, such as:
- NEW! Currant American Brasserie (Saturday tours only) - Originally "The Piccadilly Lounge," Currant offers modern dishes with a "classic spark." www.currantrestaurant.com
- Davanti Enoteca (Friday tours only) - The hippest new hot spot for rustic Italian in all of Little Italy. www.davantienoteca.com
- Royal India - Get your curry on at Royal India; voted "Best Indian Food" By San Diego Magazine, City Search, & City Beat. www.royalindia.com
- Zymology 21 - Chemistry and cocktails in a lab lounge setting. www.zymology21.com
- Berkeley Pizza - Chicago style deep dish pizza with a San Diego twist. www.berkeleypizza.com
- Napizza - Sustainably farmed organic salads and pizzas "al taglio" (that's the authentic Roman tradition!) www.napizza.com (check out the Napizza restaurant spotlight on the blog)