La Jolla Walking Tour
Our La Jolla tour begins in the center of La Jolla, perhaps one of San Diego’s finest neighborhoods for eats and treats. Spot kayakers, surfers, or even hang gliders as you meander under the palm trees through this piece of paradise, all while enjoying scrumptious bites from the area’s most acclaimed restaurants.
Delight yourself with artisan inspired creations, delectable dishes, ethnic cuisine, and more as you realize why the Spanish named this area “the Jewel.” Hear the history behind the Scripps family and how Ellen Browning Scripps once lived in the present day Museum of Contemporary Art.
Your friendly guide will also share how Theodor Geisele (more famously known as Dr. Seuss) made La Jolla his home, why the native Indians first called La Jolla “the hole in the mountain,” and that an acre in La Jolla once cost $1.25. Today, La Jolla remains one of the most exclusive neighborhoods in the nation and is one of the most popular attractions in San Diego.
Luckily, you can affordably eat your way through this town, one bite at a time, thanks to Bite San Diego!
OUR LA JOLLA WALKING FOOD TOUR IS FOR AGES 16+.
The stops on our La Jolla tour include 5 restaurants, such as:
- We Olive - Divine dipping of the best olive oils, balsamic vinegars, and more from California and beyond. www.weolive.com/lajolla
- Richard Walker's Pancake House - The San Diego breakfast staple serving apple pancakes 7 days a week! www.richardwalkers.com
- Mary's English Kitchen - Celebrate Mary's family recipes from England made with the secret ingredient, LOVE! www.marysenglishkitchen.com
- Ohana Cafe - Hawaiian BBQ with traditional and Pacific fusion dishes (and shaved ice!). www.ohanacafelj.com
- Girard Gourmet - La Jolla's premiere deli-bakery-restaurant & caterer for over 25 years. www.girardgourmet.com