La Jolla Walking Tour
OUR LA JOLLA WALKING FOOD TOUR IS FOR AGES 16+.
When: Saturdays & Sundays at 1pm
Where: Meeting location in The Village of La Jolla (exact location provided upon purchase)
What: 3.5-hour guided walking tour covering a 1.5 mile route with 5 or more restaurant stops
Spots: 15 (maximum number of bookings per tour)
Our La Jolla tour begins in the center of La Jolla, perhaps one of San Diego’s finest neighborhoods for eats and treats. Spot kayakers, surfers, or even hang gliders as you meander under the palm trees through this piece of paradise, all the while enjoying scrumptious bites from the area’s most acclaimed restaurants.
Delight yourself with artisan inspired creations, delectable dishes, ethnic cuisine, and more as you realize why the Spanish named this area “the Jewel.” Hear the history behind the Scripps family and how Ellen Browning Scripps once lived in the present day Museum of Contemporary Art.
Your friendly tour guide will also share how Theodor Geisele (more famously known as Dr. Seuss) made La Jolla his home, why the native Indians first called La Jolla “the hole in the mountain,” and how an acre in La Jolla once cost $1.25. Today, La Jolla remains one of the most exclusive neighborhoods in the nation and is one of the most popular attractions in San Diego.
Luckily, you can affordably eat your way through this town, one bite at a time, thanks to Bite San Diego!
The stops on our La Jolla tour includes restaurants, such as:
- Bobboi Natural Gelato NEW! Starting February 20th - Traditional & unique gelato flavor combinations made with fresh, organic ingredients. www.bobboi.com
- Public House La Jolla - This secluded eatery covers everything from Kobe beef to fresh fish tacos, all paired with a GIANT beer list. Cheers! www.the-publichouse.com (check out their Restaurant Spotlight)
- Beaming La Jolla (Sunday tours only) NEW! - Highly nutritious & highly delicious juices, smoothies, soups, salads & more! www.livebeaming.com (check out their Restaurant Spotlight)
- We Olive & Wine Bar La Jolla - Divine dipping of the best olive oils, balsamic vinegars, and more from California and beyond. www.weolive.com/lajolla
- Farm to Fork Juice La Jolla (Saturday tours only) - Organic, cold-pressed juice prepared in its most purest form made with locally sourced, fresh ingredients.
- Richard Walker's Pancake House La Jolla - The San Diego breakfast staple serving apple pancakes 7 days a week! www.richardwalkers.com (featured in Top 5 Breakfast Picks)
- Ohana Cafe - Hawaiian BBQ with traditional and Pacific fusion dishes (and shaved ice!). www.ohanacafelj.com or read more on the blog
- Girard Gourmet (Sunday tours only) - La Jolla's premiere deli-bakery-restaurant & caterer for over 25 years. www.girardgourmet.com or check out our blog post